Back & Neck Community
SPONDIOLYSIS AND MULTIPLE DISC PROLAPSE

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

SPONDIOLYSIS AND MULTIPLE DISC PROLAPSE

Dear Sir,

I have been having pain in the shoulders radiating out to the hands through the nerves.

I am male aged 47.

The X - Ray examination termed CERVICAL SPINE X-RAY( AP/LAT) showed results of spondiolysis and multiple disc prolapse.

I have been referred to an orthopaedic surgeon for treatment.

I am told it is a serious issue that may require surgery. Is there any other treatment other than surgery?

Kindly advise as I can't afford a surgery.

This discussion is related to thoracic disc prolapse.
Hi there!

Well, while the shoulder pain may or may not be related to the spinal issues; management with disc prolapsed is largely dependent on its severity or grade. While mild-moderate cases are managed conservatively, severe cases or moderate cases that fail to improve with conservative management may require a surgical approach. It would be best to discuss the situation and the management plan in detail with your treating orthopedician.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!