Back & Neck Community
Sever pain in right shoulder, arm, collarbone, neck and armpit

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Starting in April I woke up with a pain in my neck like I had slept wrong, it gradully on a daily basis wosened. It is June now I now have severe pain in the right back of neck,{collarbone right side) shoulder blade and armpit, pain runs down my right arm and numness and tingling in the ring and pinky fingers,when i cough it is even more severe and shoots pain in the shoulder blade and armpit. Pain is so bad at times it makes me want cut my arm off, wakes me up in the middleof the night. MRI of shoulder showed mild tendoinitus, EMG results were negative. In Jan they found  2 nodules on the right lung, too small for biospy at that moment so the pulmanarist stated.I have been referred to an edocronoloist for thyroid issies and possible cushions syndrome, My father died of lung, mouth and throat cancer along with liver cancer. Should I be concerned this could be cancer? I cant seem to get the doctors to understand how severe this is. I have been out of work due to this going on 3 weeks. I have read up on pancoast tumors and all signs point to this??? HELP PLEASE
This sounds a lot like a disc or bone spur problem in the neck.The reason I say that, is because I had similar symptoms when I was going through my neck problems and coughing always makes it worse.

It is possible to have a negative EMG and still have the problems I'm talking about.

See if your Doctor would be willing to send you to have a Cervical Spine X-ray, a MRI would be better but a X-ray's a good place to start.

Hope you get some answers.
Becky, I am having the exact same symptoms for 3 weeks now. I'm really scared. I've continued working throughout but now its getting to the point that the pain is so great I cant. I got an MRI on my neck yesterday but haven't received the report yet. I am so afraid of not being able to work and losing my business (I'm self-employees) or having a life-threatening illness. My father died of lung cancer. Have you found out anymore information about the source of your pain?
This is a 2 year old thread, I doubt if Becky will respond. Hopefully everything worked out for her.  

Please post the results of your MRI, it will be helpful in determining the source of your pain.