Back & Neck Community
Severe Pins and Needles and neck pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Severe Pins and Needles and neck pain

I have been having sever pain down my right arm and into my fingers.  It feels like the pain is starting from neck or shoulder, and it goes stright thru my shoulder and down in my hand and fingers.  They are all pins and needles and a throbbing pain.  It is unbareable at this point and i can t get into my orthopedic until next week the earliest.  What can i do and what does this sound like.   I have not been in any car accidents are anything of that nature.  It has just come on out of no where.
My guess is a trapped nerve.  I am basing this guess on the fact that I have an identical problem and the consultant reckons that is what it is.  It could be coming from your neck,  A nerve conduction test and an MRI scan will help diagnose your problem.

I sympathise with your pain - it really is unbearable at times, but it does improve eventually!
Hi, I can sympathise with your symptoms. I have had the same & more since August. It is horrible.

I recommend you try an osteopath first. Physio can help as it may be a trapped nerve or muscular. swimming can help. Pain relief. Wine. Hot packs & Ice packs are also very good.

None of these things have cured me, some have eased my problems some have exacerbated my symptoms, but they are among some of the first lines of treatment.

If you have been suffering for some months then I recommend you get an MRI in order to diagnose.

I have prolapsed discs c5&6 & am currently waiting for a disc replacement. But I have learned that many muscular & nerve problems can present with some of these symptons too, so try the simple stuff first.

Good luck