Back & Neck Community
Severe back pain in spinal column

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Severe back pain in spinal column

so for the last month or so i've experienced some strange pain in my back.  It is exaclty in the center located right in my spine.  obviously it hurts worse if i lift anything somewhat heavy and yes i know i shouldnt do this if it hurts.  but it's a fairly sharp pain and sometimes difficult to bend over or even lie down.  It always feels like my back needs to be popped really bad but it feels so constricted that i'm afraid if i do i could seriously hurt myself.  my aunt has suggested it could be from having two epidurals (one of them going wrong, they scraped bone and it was inserted correctly as it didn't take when it was time for my emergency c-section:( )  anyone have any idea what this is?
Welcome to the Back and Neck Community.  Members are here to provide assistance to individuals experiencing symptoms related to possible abnormal conditions of the spine.  Advice given is non-professional and is primarily based on personal experiences.

Pain is a symptom that informs us that something abnormal is occurring,  The only way to determine the definite cause of pain is to obtain a medical exam and have appropriate diagnostic testing done.
I can not say whether the pain you are experiencing could be related to your prior epidurals as you did not say how long ago you received them,  If it was some time ago, it is unlikely that the epidurals have a direct connection to today's pain, although residual effects would need to be ruled out by the physician.
Please make an appt with your primary care physician who can perform a clinical exam and obtain baseline x-rays if indicated.  
Avoiding further trauma and using proper body mechanics, especially when lifting is highly recommended.
Post again with your progress and any additional questions/concerns you may have.
Best wishes -----