Back & Neck Community
Severe back pain just below left shoulder blade
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Severe back pain just below left shoulder blade

I have a sharp, stabbing pain just below my left shoulder blade.  The pain is in one spot and is extremely painful when touched.  Movement, coughing, sneezing, and stretching all make the pain worse.  I've tried icing it and applying heat, but nothing seems to help.  From what I can tell, breathing only hurts when I breathe in too deeply.

I was in a bike accident five weeks ago in which I had a concussion, a hole through my chin to my teeth, and severe whiplash.  My helmet saved my life.  I've been experiencing neck and shoulder pain since the accident, but I haven't had pain in this area until yesterday.  Help?
Related Discussions
I went to the doctor today and was prescribed anti-inflammatory medicine.  Apparently I've been over compensating for my neck and shoulder strains, and have now strained the muscle for twisting.  So now I can't turn my head or twist my body.  Physical therapy starts Monday.

The doctor at the health center took a look at the CT scans from the ER and casually asked me if I knew I have an 8mm cyst on my brain.  So not only did the doctors at the ER drop the ball on prescribing me anti-inflammatory meds, the stitches on my face were done incorrectly (tethered to muscle), AND they forgot to mention I have a cyst...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...