Back & Neck Community
Severe back pain with excessive mouth watering after eating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

I am a 21 year old Male who is slightly overweight.  Whenever I eat to fast or eat certain things (such as bananas / refined, baked beans)  the space between my shoulder blades starts to have a severe stabbing pain.  During these stabbing pains my mouth waters constantly which causes me to spit this continuous flow of saliva. This continues for around 30 minutes until the problem is completely gone, no help from me.  I assumed it could have been simple things such as eating to fast, or not chewing food properly; but because it happens when I eat certain things like bananas, I tend to stray away from the cause being because I am eating improperly.  It never happens until I eat and even then it doesn't always occur.  
I can think of this happening for the first time when I was around the age of 10.  I swallowed a type of candy called Sprees whole(a nickle sized candy), and had a extreme pain in between my shoulder blades for a decent chunk of time. ( Only one Spree)  
I'm not entirely sure why this happens and since it seems to be occurring more often than it used to over the past few years, it's starting to worry me.  Is it possible that I'm just eating to fast or not chewing my food enough which is causing it to get stuck in my esophagus? Or could it be something more serious?  
I am in the process of consulting with my physician which will be next week.

Thanks for the answers and your time.