Back & Neck Community
Severe constant back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Severe constant back pain

I am 15 years a fifteen year old male, I'm healthy and swim competitively so I'm active. For the last week or so I have had really bad spinal pain, it is mostly in one spot and there is a tiny purple mark so small I can't see it but others can, it is shooting pain up and down my spine and I'm starting to get headaches.
Some other info you may need to know is that I had my appendix out about 3 weeks ago, and got back from a cruise last sunday. I was sick with flu like systems that came up about the same time as the back pain when tested it wasn't the flu.
Do you recall injuring your back while swimming or doing anything else? I don't think it is related to the flu or appendix removal. I would see doctor and see if they will give you an MRI to check.
mkh9
One other thing, do you have any pain when you breath in such as in the rib area or do you have a bad cough? Do you have a fever now?
thx,
mkh9
I never had a fever which was strange I haven't really been coughing except for some minor allergies and can not remember injuring it in any way, I went to the chiropractor today he adjusted me and said it was really tense but he will check it out again in a few days.
Sorry, personally I don't believe in chiropracters. They tend to end up injuring you more than they help. They don't have nearly the experience a doctor has either. Well since you don't have symptoms of a secondary infection I would go back to the doctor that did the appendix removal and make sure there isn't anything wrong there. They may refer you to an orthopedic surgeon (not to get surgery for a consult and maybe MRI of the spine). It is possible you had an infection from the appedix removal at the time but that doesn't explain the spinal pain unless it is referred pain. YOu need to see a doctor not a chirpractor.
mkh9