Severe disc space narrowing at c5-c6
On an MRI report does "severe disc space narrowing" mean the same as a herniated disc?  MRI does not mention the word herniation.  Just curious.  Thanks
Not an expert, but surely if it was obviously herniated they would say so. The narrowing only suggests disc is not functioning to capacity.Did they mention disc dessication?
Possibly yes. may be bulging disc.....may be nothing. It depend on your symptoms.
I have a narrowed disc space at c5-c6.  It is NOT the same as a herniated disc.  Depending on what happened you could have no symptoms (rare) up and including limited range of motion, disabling pain, and disabling headaches.
A herniated disc can cause narrowing disc space. But it can also be narrowed and not herniate or rupture. Disc's can ruture or herniate into the spinal canal or outward into the foramin or lamina causing the nerve to compress. I have sufferd both kind and from my experience if it's a nerve root compression the arm symptoms can be worse. If it ruptures into the spinal cord the arm pain is there but you will also have midback between the shoulder blades and down your spine. It sound like what my disc did it just lost all fluid and dried out over the years, it was finally fused after 7 years of complaining. Click on the "loss of voice" post below and read noneck's story. If you have any other question feel free to ask us all. What are your symptoms, they are very helpful in us helping others so we can relate to our experiences. Unfortunately I have way too many experiences.

Hope I can help
what does it mean when my MRI says I have severe disc space narrowing at my T-2 and T-3. It also says I have a mass on my spine what is that? please return my answer I hurt so bad and dont know what is wrong with me!!
In between the vertebrae (bones) in our spine we have discs, they act sort of like shock absorbers between the vertebrae, they also act as ligaments that hold the vertebrae of the spine together. In your case  the disc between T2-3 has become narrowed. A narrow disc can be painful because doesn't have the same ability to absorb shocks as a normal disc. It can cause several problems and also make it difficult to bend and twist.

Where is the mass/lesion on your spine, what exactly does the report say?

what does narrowing of c5-c6 disc mean