Back & Neck Community
Severe ongoing headache and dizziness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Severe ongoing headache and dizziness

My symptoms are a moderately sever headache in the back of the head. It is felt on both sides, pain radiates to top of head and is accompanied by pressure on top of head and in temples. i am dizzy and my hearing is lowered during the attacks. Typically lasts 3 to 4 days minimum. No OTC pain relievers have helped at all. Been persistent for the past 2 months. First onset was last may 4 days afetr getting a concussion. Next attack was in late september. Most recent has been weekly since mid january, I get nauseaous and vomit all day from the pain. What is causing this and how do i make it stop?
Hi there!

Headaches can be caused by a variety of reasons often categorized into primary headaches, secondary headaches, and cranial neuralgias. The primary headaches include tension headache, migraine cluster headaches and similar pathologies. Secondary causes can be due to sinusitis eye problems, etc and the cranial neuralgias that include the trigeminal neuralgias. Without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to differentiate between these or suggest specific management. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!