Back & Neck Community
Sharp, burning pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Sharp, burning pain

For about 7 years now I've had on and off severe burning in my upper left shoulder, almost my neck. It hurts so much that it brings me to tears sometimes and it's also warm to the touch. The pain is a burning, stinging feeling. Almost like being pinched really hard. If I press on it, it hurts even more. It usually happens when I sit on a hard surface for too long (ie a wooden chair) or stand for too long (no matter what shoes). It is so uncomfortable and unbearable. Any suggestions/input would be helpful... I saw a chiropractor, but  that didn't help because it's not a bone, it's a muscle.
It sounds like a nerve issue. Maybe from inflammation your nerve is being pressed on and causing the pain. I would try anti-inflammatory and fallow up with a neurologist. I have learned one thing when it comes to health care you have got to be your own advocate. You have to say I want to see a nero I Think this is nerve pain. I also would ask for MRI of neck and shoulder area. Have you had any of that done in the past? That is where I would start. Hope this helps!