Back & Neck Community
Sharp Tingling Pain after a fall.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Sharp Tingling Pain after a fall.

I had a fall 3 weeks ago and fell on the buttocks on the right side.  For a week did home medicine. The Second week went to a Bone specialist who checked and said it looks I have got Sciatica pain and put me on drugs and Volini Gel.  Well on the first visit to the doctor the pain was on the hip side of the right leg.  After taking the medicine and Gel the pain spread to the calf and was terrible.  I was told to have complete rest for two weeks.  Well the second week passed and pain was the same.  Felt well with tablets but when the drug effect over the pain came back.  The third week changed the doctor and visited another doctor who asked me to have x-rays and doppler test of my right leg.  Well the results are all positive.The 2nd doctor has put me on new drugs to be taken for 10 days.  Before going to the second doctor I stayed without taking any drugs and just applied Deep Relief Gel with Ibuprofen and am experiencing the Sharp tingling pain on my buttocks at certain times especially after sitting on a chair and standing up.  Well with this pain I just cannot move myself and use my own method of messaging that portion with my palm and this relieves the pain and can move myself.

Well please let me know the right way to be free from this pain so i can walk properly and lead my normal life well.  I forgot to mention I am 62 years old.
Hi zkw111

About 20yrs ago I had a bad fall just like yours. The docs said it was 'bone bruising'. The agony was dreadful. No treatment.

Eventually I had an xray which showed osteoarthritic changes. I suspect that the 'bone bruising' was actually a compressed nerve as later research has shown a distinct S1 and S2 pathway down my leg. Now the osteoarthritis flares up from time to time and my newer, more concerned doctor prescribes a course of Diclofenac which works wonders to reduce inflammation and pain.

Perhaps you'd care to look up lumber and leg dermatomes to see if you can correlate your pain with a particular vertebral joint? Then, is you have any suspicion about nerve compression ask for an MRI to see what's going on in that area. I too found that massage was good. With nerve damage though, proper rest and relaxation is essential, as well as a moderate amount of gentle exercise: how about some tai chi or similar?

sam