Sharp neck pain into the shoulder
I recently tweaked my neck playing basketball and am having trouble with the injury. I believe it is just a pinched nerve and I have tweaked it before but usually the pain stays within the neck area and goes away in a day or two. This time it is shooting down my right shoulder. I went to a message therapist to try and relax the muscles and it hasnt helped. The pain is starting in my neck. I have no strength in my neck when lying down or getting up. If I do this or turn my head, the pain shoots down my neck, across my trap area and into my shoulder. Any Ideas on what this is and how to treat this? Thanks
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include muscle sprain/ spasm, nerve impingement, injuries to ligaments/ tendons, fractures/ dislocations etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or an orthopedician at your earliest convenience for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile I would suggest avoiding strenuous movements around the region. Tylenol/ OTC NSAIDS may be useful for pain relief.
Hope this helps.

Take care!