Back & Neck Community
Shocking sensations

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Shocking sensations

I am 39 years old and I've been experencing a shocking sensation that's starts in my neck and goes through my entire body.(like a flash)it happens a lot when I walk but it also does it when I'm in bed sometimes. I have lower back pain to but I don't think it's related to the neck thing.i am a patient at the VA hospital and they can't find anything wrong.does anyone know what might be causing these shocking sensations.
Sounds like a pinch nerve, does neck movement cause it to happen?
Have they considered doing an X-ray or MRI?
Yes neck movement and walking,the VA done a MRI and they said they couldn't find anything and it was prob just muscle spasms so they gave me flexirels but it don't help.i was thinking it might be a pinched nerve too.
I have a lot of lower back pain and it's hard to stand straight sometimes.they said they don't see anything wrong with my back either.living with these problems gets really hard to do. I've changed occupations once already cause of my neck and back and now it's affecting this job too
Maybe you should see a Dr outside of the VA, did you get a copy of the MRI report?
If the flexeril doesn't help, ask for Soma.
It COULD I fact be muscle spasms that are actually causing pressure ON the nerve(s). That's a problem that I had and only until they had me on a STRONG ENOUGH muscle relaxer it kept happening. They were happening at times every few minutes & I started to look like I had a shock collar on, lol (NOW anyway).
Some docs don't like Soma, so if he balks at that idea, ask him if you can try 2 flexeril. Chances are, he put you on a low dose to start and that might work out ok.
Good luck.