Back & Neck Community
Shooting pain from back of skull to tailbone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

My daughter has been having shooting pains from the back of her skull to her tailbone.  Also, the left side of her neck hurts her pretty bad sometimes.  We have been told that more than likely she has an overlysensitive carotid artery because she passes out and sometimes has seizures when that is touched or she turns certain way with her back.  
She also goes out sometimes.  She has had three cleft palate surgeries, and I've heard with pharyngeal flaps some times there can be problems with the nerve afterwards.  So I don't know if scar tissuse is causing this or what could be causing all her health issues.  I know this doesn't pertain to the back but sometimes she has extremely bad pains in her stomache (she has had kidney stones also), and she can go out.  She does have a very, very high pain tolerance  She has low Vitamin D, low calcium, and high phosphate and sometimes her blood sugar drops in the 50s.  

Her legs and arms get very weak after she has gone out.  She also gets swelling sometimes in her hands and feet.  There has to be a reason for all the different symptoms she is having.

Thank you for anyone that might be able to give some answers to these problems.
Hi and welcome to the Back & Neck forum.

Since we r just like u and not medical professionals we can not speculate on what ur DD issues r, but we can suggest u try an MRI of her back to see what might be going on.

I would also try a rheumaotid dr to see if the pain is related to ne condition like Ehlers-Danlos or fibromyalgia......

Has she been tested for acid reflux...could explain the stomach pains......and if she is taking meds for that it could explain the malabsorbtion of vitamins and y she would be deficiant  in Vit D and calcium.

Please post an update on her progress
"selma"

She had an endoscopy done awhile back and there was some damage to her esophogus, and she was on medicine for that for awhile.  He vitamin D was half of what it needed to be before she was on the medicine though, and a few months after being on the medicine her Vitamin D and calcium ended up being low again.

It just seems like she has a mixture of a lot of health issues.

We are going back next week to her ENT and her endocronologist.

Thank you for your time.

vickabee
It is normal with the gerd issues to have the vitamin deficency ....just get the vitamins and see that the drs suggests what dosage she will need. Again the meds will cause mal absorbstion of vitamins and minerals.....so she will need calcium suppliments also.

U r so welcome and please keep us posted

"selma"