Back & Neck Community
Should I still have pain after 6 months?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Should I still have pain after 6 months?

Six months ago I was hit in the back of the head, and probably received a concussion.  For a month after, I was dizzy and nautious and all I wanted to do was lay down and sleep.  I never went to the doctor, but did talk to a doctor friend after the fact and from what I explained he said I probably had a concussion.  Since then I have had bad headaches, starting at the base of my neck, up the back of my head and then a migraine (migraines are not new to me, but they are different now)  I started goin to a chiropractor about a month ago, 4 days a week.  In the x-ray he took everything seem to have shifted to the right.  It is a slow process, but I was beginning to have some hope of feeling better.  He went out of town, and the 5th day of no treatment, my neck started stiffening, and I had a bad migraine, now 7 days with no treatment and I feel like I did 6 months ago.  I have missed 2 days of work, I cant sleep, if I lay down and put any pressure on my head I get a shooting pain from the point where pressure is placed.  I am dizzy, nautious, and very uncomfortable...is this normal?
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

This is not normal and could indicate CNS infection. Other possibilities that may need to be considered include cranial injuries, intracranial bleed, growths/ masses, neurological causes, muscular causes such as muscle spasm, primary cranial headaches etc. If you have symptoms such as neck stiffness, drowsiness or blurring of vision, I would suggest visiting the ER. In the absence of acute symptoms, an evaluation by a primary care physician or a neurologist is recommended. After a cause is diagnosed, it can be managed accordingly.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
Top Pain Answerers
547368 tn?1440545385