Back & Neck Community
Should I still have pain after 6 months?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Six months ago I was hit in the back of the head, and probably received a concussion.  For a month after, I was dizzy and nautious and all I wanted to do was lay down and sleep.  I never went to the doctor, but did talk to a doctor friend after the fact and from what I explained he said I probably had a concussion.  Since then I have had bad headaches, starting at the base of my neck, up the back of my head and then a migraine (migraines are not new to me, but they are different now)  I started goin to a chiropractor about a month ago, 4 days a week.  In the x-ray he took everything seem to have shifted to the right.  It is a slow process, but I was beginning to have some hope of feeling better.  He went out of town, and the 5th day of no treatment, my neck started stiffening, and I had a bad migraine, now 7 days with no treatment and I feel like I did 6 months ago.  I have missed 2 days of work, I cant sleep, if I lay down and put any pressure on my head I get a shooting pain from the point where pressure is placed.  I am dizzy, nautious, and very uncomfortable...is this normal?
Hi there!

This is not normal and could indicate CNS infection. Other possibilities that may need to be considered include cranial injuries, intracranial bleed, growths/ masses, neurological causes, muscular causes such as muscle spasm, primary cranial headaches etc. If you have symptoms such as neck stiffness, drowsiness or blurring of vision, I would suggest visiting the ER. In the absence of acute symptoms, an evaluation by a primary care physician or a neurologist is recommended. After a cause is diagnosed, it can be managed accordingly.
Hope this helps.

Take care!