Si joint Pain
My fiancée was hurt at work mid February. He fell down a flight of stairs and hit his lower back on the edge of the bottom stair. Hes had MRI s and ex-rays done but everything shows up fine. He has pain from his lower back that shoots down his leg and into his toes. Things pop and grind that aren't suppose to. We just returned home from seeing a Neurologist that the insurance company sent him to and as we already knew, he told us the spine is fine. He wouldn't give us any direction on what type of Dr. to see or what to do. My fiancée had Steroid injections in March and it felt better for almost 2 months but now were back in the same boat we were to begin with. We think that it could be the Si joint thats causing the severe pain but we don't know where to go or what to do, and we can't seem to get any guidance. Any answers or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  
I just had a si injection today.  The doctor who performed my last two back surgeries kept telling me that everything looked fine.  He referred my to pain management as I have serious spine issues.  After describing this pain the my PM doctor he said that these new symptoms sounded like SI dysfunction.  I had my first shot on the right three weeks ago and the left done this morning.  I must say it has helped some.  From what I've read online, it is a little difficult to diagnose since alot of the symptoms mimic spine issues.  Mine started about two months after a triple lumbar fusion.  Perhaps your primary care physician could help you with either some additional information or a referral to a PM doctor.  Sure hope you find what works.