Small disc protrusion and mild disc bulge
WRT
I have had lower back pain for about 1 year now, and is getting worse. Just had an MRI that shows Small disc protrusion at L5-S1 and Mild disc bulge at L1-L2. I have been to the Chiropractor at least once a week for 3 months with no relief. Can anyone suggest an alternative that they have tried and was successful?
Welcome to the Back and Neck Community. Members are  here to provide assistance and support to individuals experiencing symptoms related to possible abnormal conditions of the spine. Advice given is non-professional and is primarily based on personal experiences

I am sorry to hear of your prolonged discomfort.  Disc degeneration is a normal process that occurs  from the wear and tear as we age.  The intervertebral discs lose their water content and become dry and brittle. When the outer covering (annulus) is torn, the disc material "protrudes" and can cause pressure on the spinal nerve roots.  The result is pain and possibly numbness/tingling of the affected extremity (your leg).
Your MRI has found small disc protrusions at the L5-S1 level and the L1-L2 level.  It does not state whether there is any compression of the nerve roots or any narrowing of the neural foramen (opening through which the nerve roots travel).  It is likely that the inflammation and irritation produced by the disc herniations is the root cause of your pain
The chiropractor is one method of using conservative treatment to try and realign the spine significantly to reduce any pressure on the nerves.  In addition, a home exercise program would be beneficial in helping strengthen the back muscles and assist in body mechanics to reduce risk of further injury.  Anti-inflammatory medications might also be helpful (ibuprofen, Advil or Aleve)  Perhaps a more aggressive physical therapy program would be helpful.  Surgery would only be indicated if the symptoms progressed or were not relieved with conservative treatment.
A web site that might be beneficial and provide addition information can be found at:
    www.mayoclinic.com/health/herniated-disc
Post again with an update and any additional questions/concerns you may have.
Best wishes -----