Snapping Scapula Syndrome
I never really gave it much attention as I didn't really think it was anything that big of a deal in addition I've had some minor back problems in the past, but now that I'm no longer busy with school and work I think I may have Snapping Scapula Syndrome.  My right scapula pops in and out and when I raise my right arm there's a cracking sound and there's also a thump as the bone moves back into its position.  I think it could have started in the summer of 2009 when I exercised quite a bit, especially in the gym.  There's no pain, nor can I recall there ever being any pain (a year is a long time to remember).

Any advice on what I can/should do?  Can I still exercise?  Lift weights?  I plan on seeing a doctor sometime over the next few weeks.  

Thanks.
I looked into Snapping Scapula Syndrome,  I have a lot of scapular pain. It can be cause by a soft-tissue, skeletal problems or by injury to the long thoracic nerve. It can usually be treated quite effectively with P.T, anti-inflammatories or injections. You don't know how lucky you are not to have pain. Going to see the Doctor soon is a good idea, go before the pain starts, he/she can more than likely refer you to a good Physical Therapist. You can probably work this problem out in therapy.

Take Care
Did you ever get diagnosed?  I was diagnosed 6 weeks ago with snapping scapula (its rare I was told).  My pain level has been particular rough, and I am about to start physical therapy.  

Let me know what happened with you.
Well, it has been two years since I've realized I have this condition and it has only gotten worst....fortunately, no pain though.

I started going to the gym today, I have a pretty weak upper body and I'm wondering how much it has to do with my snapping scapula syndrome.