Back & Neck Community
Soma for a muscle relaxer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Soma for a muscle relaxer

So the doctor gave me Soma 350MG for major muscle spasms about 3months ago.  I took them for a month then ws switched to Valium for a month because they are surpose to work better. Valium didn't touch my spasms just made me grumpy.  So this month  I went back on Soma.  My question is has anyone else been taking them? and if so how are the working.  My problem is that the work, but really work and  I think I like them to much:)  You know what I mean.  Please let me know your exprience with this medication and the effects it has had on you.  Thanks.
I am not a Doctor but I took Soma for five years and did not become dependent. I know a lot of fellow back pain sufferers who use it and get good relief. One has to function with chronic pain as best you can and only you know your body.The fact that you say "you like them too much" to me says that you are not an addict type. But that's just me. It sounds like you are aware of you strengths and weaknesses. Just take what you need for the pain (what your Doc rx's you) and don't feel bad about it. Soma works for some-not for others. I use Robaxin now for a muscle relaxer if I need one at night or I can't sleep because the pain is so bad. Soma did help me for a while. I have low back issues.
Somas are addictive so be very careful,as are the valiums.Ive taken both and why your dr would give u valium for muscle pains i have no clue because they are for anxiety and sleep..not muscle spasims?but just be careful and take them as directed.They do work wonders.The valiums id stay away from.
im on Somas along with methadone for pain treatment. They work wonders!! I usually wait til night time tot ake the somas tho cause it kinda puts me into another world so to speak at times! Be VERY VERY VERY careful tho please. i took 2 somas 350 mgs and drove my car and got into a accident cause it blacked me out a moment! i was not on anything at the time other than methadone! So be careful !