Something is wrong with my TailBone.
On December 17th 2008 (My Birthday) I fell down a flight of stairs. As soon as i stopped i had such severe pain in my lower back (Tailbone Area) That i almost passed out.  I was taken to the ER, they did an X-Ray and said it was just bruised and sent me on my way.

Its almost 2 weeks later and the pain is still as severe as the day i fell, and i've also noticed that i can feel a "popping" when i sit and sometimes when i walk.  I've heard of dislocated TailBones before, so i am wondering if thats what happened.  Whenever the "Pop" happens the pain flairs up until i get dizzy.  Its a very sharp throbbing pain.

I am at my wits end.  I dont even want to sit down anymore because for one, sitting hurts, but getting up also hurts.
But standing after about 10 minutes also makes it hurt and sends pain down my right leg.  

If anybody knows about Tailbone Pain, and what kind of Doctor i should see for it, i would greatly appriciate it.
Hi Brandie....I brusied my tailbone and it was sore for a yr !! Plus I still have peoblems if I sit a certain way or if it is a wooden chair ect.....
As far as to which dr to see.....I would suggest ne that specialize in spines.

In the meantime, try one of those doughnut ring pillows to sit on...it may help!!

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"

I agree you should see a dr that specializes in the spine. It is possible that you cracked something above the bone, or something in the area. Xrays don't show everything. I did something to mine and sitting for long periods has bothered me for years. A sitting job can even cause problems with it. The dr wanted to clip mine off. I said no thank you. The kind of pain you are having sounds a lot more serious than just the tail bone. Most people that have pain running down their legs have problems affecting the nerves. I would go asap. You could cause more damage as time goes by. When you make the appointment be sure to tell them you are in very bad pain so they will work you in sooner. Wish you the best. RJ