Back & Neck Community
Sore neck after drinking alcohol
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sore neck after drinking alcohol

Whenever my boyfriend drinks alcohol, his neck muscles get sore and painful. It generally lasts around 10 minutes. It doesn't take a lot for the symptoms to start and when he drinks, he doesn't get tipsy or drunk.

Google only seems to give answers about cancer but these are his neck muscles, not his lymph nodes. Anyone experience something similar or have any input?

Thanks!
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Stop drinking = no more headaches for ten minutes!
Blank
954814_tn?1247194728
He doesn't drink anymore because of these symptoms. I was curious if anyone knew WHY they might be happening..
Blank
I experience the same symptons as your boyfriend.  I've learned that I cannot drink ANY rum, malted beverages (such as Smirnoff Ice; Mike's Hard Lemonade, etc.) and any "cheap", no-name vodkas.  I have no reaction when I drink beer, well-vodkas, tequilas, wines, or whiskeys.  

I was reading about gluten-free diets and they listed what alcohols are gluten-free and to stay away from flavored alcohol and malted beverages.  So I thought maybe it had something to do with the gluten in these drinks but on second thought, I get no reaction when I drink beer and beer has gluten in it.  

I'm trying to find out why also and that's when I came across your post.  

Best of luck!
Blank
i have the same thing! if drink a beer quickly or  have a shot as my first drink, about 1 min later my neck gets tense and sore for a bout 5 mins.
i've always wondered why.
Blank
Yep same thing happens to me! It's happened since I began sinking but mine lasts for the entire time I drink. My mothers a nurse and she says I'm a hypochondriac but looking on the web, it seems like a Ligit thing. Some people say it cancer, brain tumor, allergies, hodgkins, etc and I'm starting to get real worried. If anyone has ears back from their docter please let me know!!
Blank
I have it too... but it's not usually when I'm drinking. Moreso at the end of the night and tends to be for pretty much the entire next day! Not pleasant. I manage a wine retail store and wine bar so drinking a bit is usually difficult to avoid. Guess I'm going to have to find a new gig!!

Good luck to everyone else with your respective pains :/
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank