Back & Neck Community
Spina Bifida, L5 and Sacralization of lumbar5

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

hi, iv been experiencing lower back pain due to fall from a monoblock chair last august 24, 2010..my x-ray revealed that i have spina bifida L5 and sacralization of lumbar 5. at times, im experiencing numbness of left upper and lower extremities. is my case complicated? will there be a problem when i get pregnant and deliver a baby? what is the solution for my numbness? what is the treatment for this? thank you..
Hi...I am a bit confused, did u just get the dx for the spina bifida too?...if so, was it spina bifida occulta?

"selma"
yes, the xray result just revealed that i have an inborn defect...i didnt know that until i fell from a monoblock chair and had my xray result. and yes it's spina bifida occulta, the mild type..but i have also sacralization of lumbar 5. according to the doctor, its possible that sacralization was also inborn or degenerative.but at my age of 30, sacralization maybe inborn not degenerative.