Spinal Fusion Surgery
Hello. I am in need of some advice/info regarding my Spinal Fusion Surgery I will be undergoing in about a month from now.

First off, I have a very unusual case and will try to make it's description as brief as possible. I am 30 years old and have a rare condition called Swyer-James Syndrome. When I was 5 years old I got a virus that brought me very close to death and collapsed my right lung. The lung is still collapsed to this day and my heart has moved to the opposite side of my chest as a result. In addition to that, my left lung has hyper-inflated to double it's size in order to fill the gap of the collapsed lung. I have a 39% lung capacity as of now and a 45 degree scoliosis curve in my spine as well. The cherry on the top of this cake is I was recently informed that I probably have Marfan Syndrome as well (spontaneous pneumothorax, scoliosis, tall & thin figure with disproportionate arms and legs compared to the torso, pectus excavatum, severe eye problems, etc...)

Have you got all of that so far? Good... Now, I would like to hear from any doctors or people with any experience with what I've mentioned above.

As a bonus question, I'd like to know if you know anyone that has died from their Spinal Fusion Surgery and what were the complications that caused it?

I thank you in advance for your help and concern.

Sincerely,
Some guy with a really screwed up body....