Back & Neck Community
Spondylothesis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Spondylothesis

Are any of the belts offered for back pain, including inflatables, magnetic, or electrical, relieve the pain caused by spinal sopndylothesis?
Spondylolisthesis is the forward slippage of one vertebra of the spine relative to another. This results in an abnormal curvature of the spine.  Any bracing would be used to provide support to the spine and decrease muscle spasm and pain.  Ready made belts currently available may not fit properly based on the extent of  the curvature which differs from individual to individual.  
A  physical therapist during a course of treatment can provide assistance in measuring and assessing the spine and make recommendations about bracing depending on the findings.  A custom brace can be made by a specialist know as an orthotist.
I do not personally have experience with the lumbar belts currently being sold (my disc problems are in the cervical spine) but I would hesitate to make a major purchase without first confirming the extent of your condition with a skilled professional.
Post with an update and any additional questions/concerns you may have.
Best wishes ----