Still having pain after discetomy - hemangiomas found
I am a 31 year old female and had a discetomy on L5-S1 in April 09.  I was in a severe car accident in 08.  My lower discs have always been degenerate due to me being an athlete when i was younger.  In April 09 I had a discetomy on L5-S1 to remove part of my disc that was pushing on the sciatic nerve.  I am still having sciatica and the doc said the nerve was severely compressed.  I also am still having severe low back pain as well.  I got an MRI with contrast and the MRI states that "a couple of hemangiomas are identified in the vertebral bodies"  All my numerous previous MRI's never showed this.  Is the hemangiomas a result of my discetomy?  
My personal opinion is that your current pain due to soft tissure injuries (Long term degenerate). I don't think hemangiomas or"severely compressed" is your pain cause.
So you possibly need alternative treatment.