Still in pain.
I am 7 months post op. I had a bulging disc at the l4 l5 area with back pain, burning, numbness going from the lower back, down left leg continuing all the way down to the foot. My doctor removed part of the disc ( disc decompression). I'm still having severe pain in ba ... [More] ck and left leg, but now both legs tingle to the point where it causes me a lot of pain. I now see a pain management doctor for pains meds ( norco 10) which doesn't seem to be helping with the pain anymore.My back doctor says I have permanent nerve damage. Is there anything else that can be done ?
You may have permanent nerve damage, I do, in my leg and hand, but that doesn't mean you have to be in pain for the rest of your life. Have you had an MRI since surgery? If not, you need one to see what's going on it there. You obviously still have something compressing one of your nerves.

If your current Doctor won't address your concerns, get your MRI's together and go see another Surgeon.

Take Care