Sudden weakness
I am a strong, athletic 36 year old male with decent stamina. In the past month I have had a sudden onset of sharp pain shooting from my neck down my shoulders and causing a lot of discomfort. This condition also causes numbness and a '"cold" feeling in my left forearm, as well as tingling and numbness in my left index and middle fingers. At one point it got so bad my wife was about to force me to go to the hospital. The sharp pain has, with much physiotherapy, chiropractic and massage therapy, moderately subsided. However, the weakness is getting worse. I have trouble lifting and holding a 4 litre jug of milk as home and I could not do a bicep curl with a 30 lb dumbell two hours ago, which should be very easy to me. This weakness is not natural and I'm getting worried. I've seen a doctor about this (three times) and I've got a MRI appointment in April but can't seem to get one sooner. I'm really concerned about this whole thing, which has never happened before. There wasn't even some sort of incident to bring it on! I need some advice on what do do, or what to think. Any advice would help as I'm new to my doctor and he seems indifferent to what i'm experiencing. Eagerly awaiting your advice,
DP
What does your chiropractor say about your symptoms and what they stem from?
He said we're going to try to get some mobility back as there's some scar tissue built up from previous injuries. He also said something about when these things happen the nerves are affected and they must be retained. That's all fine, but there's still no reason for me to have lost over 50% of the strength in my arm in less than a month. Still getting sharp pains in neck and arm after chiro appointments, arm is not getting any better. Thanks for the reply.
sounds like a cervical spine problem  C-6/7  get to a physiatrist (sports med MD)
emg nerve test, injections maybe surgery.  I got my life back after acdf surgery...
the success rate is extremely high...58 myr old active male.  Good luck