Back & Neck Community
Swollen Lymph nodes? or neck problems?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Swollen Lymph nodes? or neck problems?

Hello, for the past couple of weeks ( 3 weeks ) my lymph nodes on the left side of my neck has been swollen. I dont know what caused it i just woke up and it was there. When I touch it it feels hard. A couple of days later I got a lump on the back of my neck just a lil below my ear, and it hurt a little but not as much as its been the past 2 days. I wake up in excrutiating pain and i literally cant move my neck right or even left more then like 2 inches. Can someone please tell me whats going on right now. My insurance doesnt work right now so i cant go to the doctor. Im 18 yrs old and a female. I would appreciate if someone cna answer my cry. Thank You
Hello Vilte,

Have you been ill recenlty with a virus or othr illness?  Sometimes the lymph nodes become inflamed after illness. But I am not a Dr., I am a member like you and cannot diagnose.

However, if this continues you really need to be seen by a Dr.  Maybe a walk in clinic can help or if you go to the emergency room if this gets worse I don't think they can turn you away.

I am the Community Leader of the Thyroid Disorders Community and would like to invite you to post on our Community.  The members there may have some ideas and also will lead you in the right direction for thyroid tests that probably should be taken to be certain the lymph nodes are not related to a thyroid problem.

There also is a way to do a thyroid self check which is in the Health Pages on the Thyroid Community.

Please, stop by . .here is our link!

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/73

Regards,
Cheryl - Co CL Thyroid disorders