Back & Neck Community
T12 Hemangioma
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

T12 Hemangioma

I have suffered from severe back pain since September 2010. I had an MRI September 2010; radiologist reported minor degeneration of L5-S1 but no reason as to why there was severe pain. November 2010 began PT (12 visits). During final PT visit onset of sciatica occurred, informed PT Therapist, PT Therapist said this was no problem and would go away in a day or two. Sciatica and severe chronic lower lumbar pain has continued since. It is now July 2011. July 22nd 2011 was given another MRI of lower lumbar. Received radiology report, that states; " Lumbar Spine is normal in alignment. Signal texture of the spinal hernia desiccated L5-S1 disc. There is also subtle end-plate signal heterogeneity about the inferior anterior aspect of T12. There is no fracture or high-grade lesion. A small hemangioma about the inferior aspect of T12 is notable also. Incidental. Disc spaces are preserved, but L5-S1 is desiccated.  Conus maps to L1 normal in appearance and configuration. Assumes 5 non-rib bearing lumbar vertebral bodies and maintained numbering from the patients prior exam. L5-S1: A herniated protrusion of the desiccated disc, increased and now measures 7mm in the superior inferior dimension, 5 mm the end-plate and in the transverse--9mm. The exiting L5 nerves escape but clear mass-effect upon the descending right S1 never is demonstrated. Compared to the prior examination- - worse. Correlate with new or increasing S1 symptoms."

IMPRESSION
1.The disc herniation at L5-S1 has increased. A clear protrusion is now demonstrated which significantly affects the descending right S1 nerve and is likely explanatory to radiculopathy.

Can someone please, please, please, tell me what this means? My Neurologist says I am fine and should not be experiencing any pain, or weakness, numbness with my kinds of injuries. Additionally states that there is nothing to worry about and that there is nothing they can do to help me. I am now 9 months out of work, and am in chronic severe pain. I would like to get back to work. But the drs also state I am not disabled. I can't even bend at the waist, or sit for more than 10 minutes. How am I supposed to find a job that will work around this?