Back & Neck Community
T12-L1 Fusion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

T12-L1 Fusion

In 2003, T12-L1 ruptured. I had surgery to have it cleaned up/out and had a 8 week recovery time with some phycical therapy. I have now ruptured that disc again. Before, it was causing left leg pain. Now, it started out as right leg pain and lower back pain. Pain in the immediate area of my scar from 03' and the pain and now tingling, numbness and my legs going to sleep have surfaced. My surgeon looked at my MRI but then wanted a Myelogram which was done. It showed moderate compression on the spinal cord and I also have T11-T12 ruputured but it's not causing any trouble. The Myelogram showed him what he needed to see and now he's going to fuse T12-L1. I assume through the back. My question is how long is my hospital stay expected to be? In 2003, I was there 3 days. Also, what is the expected recovery time being that it's in a odd spot and shouldn't cause any mobility issues? I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect. I should find out tomorrow when my surgery date is.