T12/L1 compression fracture
Alright. In April of 2007 I was hit by a truck while bicycling to work. I was flighted to phoenix for severe back and head trauma. I was diagnosed with a compression fracture of the t12/l1 junction. I was in a shell of a brace for five months and therapy for another four. I have had mild back pain since then and I just accept it as normal. About two months ago I went to the hospital for a sharp and severe pain at the break junction. It appears that the break somehow shifted. the Doctors say they can't correct the slip but they can pump me full of medications to kill the pain. I do not like pain medications at all. I am on enough anti psychotics for schizophrenia. I have been living with this pain since that call, but I have turned into a real grumpy and mean person over the pain.
  My question to the community here is this : Is there some form of an apparatus to help support some of my weight to be able to live a normal life w/o a drug induced mental haze? I already wear a spring loaded back brace and I would really hate to be put back into another shell. I don't want my back to get weaker. Any advice in this situation?