Back & Neck Community
T7-T8 upper back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

T7-T8 upper back pain

I have been diagnosed with a Protruding disc at T7-T8 level in my back and bulging discs above and below. I have been in alot of pain for over 8 years now and have done everything to try and help it but surgery. They say it is risky due to the discs above and below being bad if they fused the spine it could rupture the other bad discs. Im tired of living life like this. I have done everything they have asked and end up hurting more in the end. I have had the dye test in the spine done 3 times now. Alot of MRIs and x-rays had a bone scan done. All come back to the same thing Bad T7-T8 and bad discs above and below. My disc is pushing in the middle of my spine and not to the left or right. They say I shouldnt be in pain like I am. Pfff I hurt like hell all the time. Just cause the books say it shouldnt happen doesnt meen it cant. I hurt bad all the time.

Why I am here is to see if you all know of a good place for help with T7-T8 spine problems. Im tired of all these local Docs who dont know what to due because there has never been anyone they have seen with a T7-T8 Injury. I need a place who isn't scared to help and just tell me its all in my head.

My family Doc has been helpful with the pain med that I use when I cant take the pain anymore. But that is just a temp fix to take the edge off the pain. I hate pain meds and dont like taken them but I have to get a break from the endless pain I am in all the time.
Im tired of all these local Docs who dont know what to (EDIT) do (EDIT) because there has never been anyone they have seen with a T7-T8 Injury. I need a place who isn't scared to help and just tell me its all in my head.

Its 3AM here so missed that one.
What kind of doctor have you seen already? If anything you should be evaluated by neurologist/neurosurgeon.

What dye test have you had?

I have seen 3 neurosurgens, 2 bone and joint Docs and the guy that invented the epidural pain shot. I have done 5 epidural pain shots only one worked for a little bit, acupuncture, physical theropy, and im still going to the cyropracter for traction that makes me hurt even more after its done. I have been doing this for 1 and a half months now.

The dye test is when they put dye in your spine and tilt the table to have it run up your spine and they take MRI pics of it to see the damage. A funny story on one of the tests. My spine fluid leeked out and I had hardly any fluid on my brain. I tell you what thats the worst headache you will ever have in your life. I blacked out in the ER when we got there.
I just found out about this new procedure that may help other people if you can find a Doc that is doing this right now. Here is the Website http://www.discdyn.com/index.html

They have a video on how they do this looks like it is a good thing. Im going to try and find out who is doing this right now and see if I can get it done. 8-)
I have a similair prob i'm going to see a doc prof l funk he is Spode to be the best orthapeadic guy
no worrys 68gmc i have a simalar prob on my t7 spine and you just have to put ice on it and take ibprophen and relax on your bed! IM SORRY ABOUT YOUR PROB AND I WANTED TO HELP YOU OUT!!!:) GET FEELING WELL SOON!!:D