Tailbone curves outward
I have a tailbone that points out (noticeably) as apposed to the normal forward curve of the coccyx.
My tailbone turns outward in such a way that it physically shows and is covered by a soft mound
of skin. It looks like a very short tail.
It was found by x-ray when I was young and I was told it may need to be remove later in life. Two extra ribs near my collarbones were also found, I am a little odd.

Later in life it has become more prominent.
I don't have continuous pain in my back but I have trouble with sitting for long periods and I can not sit on any hard surface. I am always leaning to one side to avoid resting on my tailbone. Everytime I sit I am resting on my tailbone.
I have hit my tailbone twice before and this had caused considerable back pain for weeks after.

I am interested in finding out if anyone else has this problem and knows if there is a common method of removing this section of tailbone or if this is just a bad idea.
While I don't have continuous pain it is still something I would gladly be without.

Thank you
I have the exact same tailbone.  It has been causing significant pain the last 6 months but have had it since birth without many problems.  Went to the doctor a couple of days ago & had x-ray which shows the tailbone turned outward like a small tail.  I am being referred to an orthopedic surgeon & will update you with what I learn.
DO YOU HAVE EXTREME PAIN AND EDEMA LIKE POUCH IN YOUR TAIL BONE- DID YOUR DR SAY THIS WAS ODD TO HAVE - i MIGHT HAVE THIS I HURT AND CANT NOT LAY OR SIT ON TAILBONE IT GET WORSE AS TIME GOES BY.