Aa
A
A
Close
262027 tn?1195837554
Tender Back
My lower back (lumbar region) is very tender. I can barely press it with my finger, and it feels as though I am shoving a rod in it. The pain also lingers after I do this. I bend over quite a bit, picking up my 24 lb. toddler, bathing him, changing him, etc. I had sciatica when I was pregnant with him. Could this have damaged my back?
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
most back pain (even sciatica) is muscular/postural. visit a website by jolie bookspan---but be prepared-- the answer will probably be that you need to strengthen your core, improve posture etc and this will take alot of work !!!----Paul D'arezzo has a great book on posture w exercises and stretches. low back pain for the most part comes from a forward tilted pelvis, a weak core, tight hamstrings and poor  posture.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
262027 tn?1195837554
Thanks, Mike. At least it's not something too bad. My dr. recommended that I get my back x-rayed. Should I do this?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
xrays probably wont show much, other tha a curve i the spie or a bony issue. An MRI would show more, but again, if it were me I'd spend a few moths addressing your posture and retraing muscles with the references i gave you.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources