Tendon calcification in neck
Lately, Ive been having some tension like headaches that radiate from the base of my skull, neck, sides, and front of my head. Im also experiencing pressure inside my head, almost like a band that completely wraps around my head. This pressure isnt always accompanied by headaches.

Back in 1998 I was involved in a pretty bad car accident where I spun completely around and hit a tree backwards. The seat absorbed the impact and I never really noticed any serious signs following the accident. Well, back in 2002 a friend and myself were playing around and he got me in the headlock really tight. The following day, I noticed when I turn my head to the left or right, there was a cracking sound or bones rubbing together and its been like this ever since.

Yesterday I went to an Upper Cervical Chiro. who took some x-rays of my entire spine. I do have mild scoliosis but not bad enough that its obvious outside of an x-ray. The doctor also pointed out that I had tendon calcification in my neck and thought it could be related to the car accident I had in 98. He wants to start treatment to help with my symptoms and hopefully rid the stiff neck and headaches/pressure I'm experiencing.

Another thing Ive noticed alot more of lately are visual floaters. I had a complete eye exam from an optometrist and everything checked out ok. From what Ive read floaters are very common and not always anything serious. A few people suggested seeing an opthalmalogist for another eye exam. After talking to my optometrist, he didnt think I needed to see an opthalmalogist. He said the exam they would perform would be no different that what hes already done. The only difference is, if they found a problem they are the ones that treat it.

So, can cervical spine problems that I have be related to visual floaters as well? Since the central nervous system is directly related to your spine, and the cns controls everything including vision, it would seem somewhat possible.
Can tight neck muscles or spine/vertebrae issues cause vision problems or floaters? I know these can be assoctiated with headaches but not sure how it may or may not effect vision.

Zak said:Cervical disease can cause vision problems, eye pain, tears, even narrow the field of vision, vision rapidly declining, a small number of patients can cause blindness, known as the neck problem visually impaired. This problem may be caused by sensitive nervous dysfunction, and vertebral - basilar artery insufficiency, affect brain's visual center due to occipital ischemia.

Would an Upper Cervical Chiro being able to diagnose cervical disease through his x-rays?
Let's look at this from functional and structural perspectives.

Functionally, every message from the brain has to travel through C1/C2 before getting distributed to every part of the body. So it's logical to assume that if you have a measurable Occiput/C1/C2 misalignment, that a host of problems could develop - including neck stiffness, headaches and floaters.

Structurally speaking, the spine is your spinal cord's armor. It's there to protect you - so it serves a vital function. Your brain and spinal cord are the only parts of your body that are totally encased in bone (which tells us how important they are). Suffice to say, misalignment in the "armor" doesn't bode well for a person's health.

Exclusive Upper Cervical specialists are likely to be the most qualified physician you will find to give you information about what's going on with the cervical spine. This website, www.UpCspine.com shows who is/isn't UpC specialists in your area.
The specialists Im seeing says he is an UPC. I cannot remember the doctors name that he studied under, but he died around 2000 or 2001 and was known as one of the best when it came to C1 and C2. He uses a machine called the Pro Adjuster along with manual adjustments. Ive been reading up on the Atlas Orthogonal treatments and wondered how this technique may be beneficial over the Pro Adjuster or say an UPC that uses neither of these devices?
Dean,

I can tell you right now, with 100% certainty, that if your doctor is using a "Pro Adjuster" he is NOT an exclusive Upper Cervical specialist.

If you'd like to directly email me his name and clinic name, I will let you know for sure.

Atlas Orthogonal, in MY opinion, is vastly superior to the Pro Adjuster.
I sent you a message with his information. Please let me know if you dont receive it.