Back & Neck Community
The pain from my herniated disc is getting so much worse, why ??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Hi. I have suffered from a herniated disc for 4 years. The pain used to be manageable but in the last 7 months it's gone off the scale !!
I can barely walk, sit or lay down and am at my wits end ! I have undergone every treatment on the market but bar 1 of my 3 spinal blocks nothing has worked.
I am very lucky as I'm under a private hospital but via the NHS and I have been extremely fortunate to have a consultants pa who knows her job so well and if I ring her she has me on to c him within a few days.
My problem is I can't cope with this chronic pain anymore and wondered if anyone had tried IDD? ( spinal compression treatment ). It sounds brilliant but then so does everything offered to u, if u think it will take the pain away !! I have spent so much money on chiropractors and osteopaths without any success. If u have used IDD let me know as I've run out of options and really need another alternative to major surgery !! Many thanks.