Back & Neck Community
This is a long one but I need advice please.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Two weeks ago on my way to take my kids to the park I was suddenly hit with a horrible pain in my head. It got worse and worse. My hands/face/feet and legs started tingling. I went to the er and they treated me for a migraine. Two days later it wasn't any better so I went back, in these two days I began having awful lower back pain. They again treated me for a migraine and sent me home. I got an appointment at a clinic. They tested my thyroid and vitamin b12. I continued having this back pain and tingling. The tingling had spread by then to my tongue (just the tip, though) my arms and my legs. Went back to the doctor because I began having burning pain in my hands. The doctor informed me that they have no idea what is wrong with me but it seems to be nerve pain. Completely ignoring my back, even though I talked about it multiple times. Prescribed gabapentin and said they would call with a referral to a neurologist. I haven't heard anything from them. (Also said my thyroid came back abnormal, said subclinical hyperthyroidism ) the gabapentin did absolutely nothing for me other than make me ridiculously tired. I called the doctors office and they said they would call something else in and call me back. Waited all day for them to call, nothing. I call them back and they say they have to see me again before they can prescribe something new. I'm fine with that. They said the doctor I've been seeing doesn't have anything available for a few weeks but they can get me in with a different doctor this Monday. I'm terrified that this doctor will not listen to me. I need advice on what I should do to make sure my concerns are heard. My back pain is now radiating into my groin and down my legs to behind my knee. I have three kids and I'm so miserable I can't function. I can't live like this! I don't feel as if the other dr I saw was listening to me, either. I need advice on what this issue with my back and the tingling could be and how to make sure this doctor hears what I am saying! Please!!
I'm 27 female with no other medical issues
Sounds like you may have an impingement of nerves from either a slipped or protruding disc or discs.

Apply a heat pack to your back and take things easy.  Try not to lift the children, easier said than done, I know.  Don't lift or pull or push things either.  Get someone to help you with the children until you are much better.

Ask the doctor to prescribe a muscle relaxant to ease the spasms and ask for him to refer you for imaging tests to find out what is causing sciatic nerve pain.

Thank you so much  for answering. I don't know how that could've happened.
Quite easily.  If you twist and try and pick something up it can happen.  Bending the wrong way and putting too much stress on your spine.

If you are under a lot of stress, the slightest movement can trigger it off.

If you have arthritic problems, and you are not careful with your posture, it can happen.

With regard to the ER saying that you experienced migraine headache, migraines can be triggered off by some foods. These are: chocolate, red wine, oranges, coffee, cheese.  You may have other different food triggers.

If you have been spending too much time concentrating at the computer screen and not getting enough breaks, being overtired, that too can trigger off a migraine.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.