Back & Neck Community
Thoracic Disc Bulge T2/T3

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Thoracic Disc Bulge T2/T3

I have a disc bulge in my thoracic spine between T2 and T3.  Chiro took me out of the practically constant muscle spasms and pain but after a couple weeks am sort of stagnating.  Rolfing helps relax muscles temporarily.  I am starting physio this week but hearing it is pretty hit or miss.  My issue is I have a baby. The injury was due to leaning over bassinette to change her 2 weeks after c-section.  It has become worse over time in part because we didn't figure out it was a bulged disc for two months.  Meantime I'd rest a few days, feel "better" and take her out for a walk in an ergo carrier, and it began to take longer and longer to "heal."  After seeing countless regular docs and 2 ER visits, the second of which I arrived on 5 days prednisone, 2 lortabs, and a muscle relaxer still in the worst pain of my life they finally ordered the MRI.  Seems too little too late now, as I am in almost constant pain of some kind and some nights can barely sleep.  My baby is being almost exclusively cared for by my Mom and now my Mother in Law because I can do NOTHING for her.  Very depressed, very concerned.  I've been told this is a "good" thing thoracic bulges heal well surgery not an option but I am heavily medicated and 15 pounds under my pre preg weight and I am a thin woman.  Just wondering if anyone has sleeping tips or if anything else I have said rings a bell.  Absolutely desperate.
Tags: thoracic, bulged, disc, T2, T3, sleep
Hi there!

I’m really sorry to hear about your problems. Well, management of a disc issues is largely dependent on the grade or the severity of the issue. Bulge is an initial stage and conservative management with rest, anti-inflammatory medications and physiotherapy is preferred. A surgery is not usually required in such cases. I would suggest consulting an orthopedician and getting under the care or a physiotherapist at this time.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!