Aa
A
A
Close
Thoracic Disc Bulge T2/T3
I have a disc bulge in my thoracic spine between T2 and T3.  Chiro took me out of the practically constant muscle spasms and pain but after a couple weeks am sort of stagnating.  Rolfing helps relax muscles temporarily.  I am starting physio this week but hearing it is pretty hit or miss.  My issue is I have a baby. The injury was due to leaning over bassinette to change her 2 weeks after c-section.  It has become worse over time in part because we didn't figure out it was a bulged disc for two months.  Meantime I'd rest a few days, feel "better" and take her out for a walk in an ergo carrier, and it began to take longer and longer to "heal."  After seeing countless regular docs and 2 ER visits, the second of which I arrived on 5 days prednisone, 2 lortabs, and a muscle relaxer still in the worst pain of my life they finally ordered the MRI.  Seems too little too late now, as I am in almost constant pain of some kind and some nights can barely sleep.  My baby is being almost exclusively cared for by my Mom and now my Mother in Law because I can do NOTHING for her.  Very depressed, very concerned.  I've been told this is a "good" thing thoracic bulges heal well surgery not an option but I am heavily medicated and 15 pounds under my pre preg weight and I am a thin woman.  Just wondering if anyone has sleeping tips or if anything else I have said rings a bell.  Absolutely desperate.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

I’m really sorry to hear about your problems. Well, management of a disc issues is largely dependent on the grade or the severity of the issue. Bulge is an initial stage and conservative management with rest, anti-inflammatory medications and physiotherapy is preferred. A surgery is not usually required in such cases. I would suggest consulting an orthopedician and getting under the care or a physiotherapist at this time.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank