Thoracic pain radiation to ribs and chest
Im 47 with several back surgeries from L5 S1 to 2 plates in my neck to several granulomas intermedulary taken out of my thoracic area. i miss being active adn am getting depressed with a possible thoracic prob. again ... pain severe when lying especially on right side and when turning. radiates along ribcage to center of chest.  terrible pain. little sleep and when i finally do sleep, pain wakes me up.  It has been going on a month and is getting progressively worse.  hurts now even when sitting or walking but not as much as when lying down.
got an appt with doctor in 2 weeks. don't know if i can take pain that long.  using cold and heat, antiinflammatories, and paxil for depression.  MRi scheduled weeks away.  Should i see another doc or go to ER.
Ok you just described me. I have been suffering fro this for almost 2 yrs. I have done everything. I am no better
at all. It comes in waves... few days ok few days bad. It creates trigger points (knotts) in a line down my back on
left from the shoulder to the mid thoracic back. All on left. It feels tight and then the burning muscles start hurting... also I get a nasty throbbing pain under my left lowest rib, and some ribs but mainly Under the left rib. Sharb throbbing pain. Definately related to the back pain. I have had branch block injections the the medial nerves NO GOOD, did nothing. I have had MRI, CT, Bone scan etc  all ok. I take codeine and sleeping pills. It *****. Dunno what it is but a hot hot hot  hot water bottle (jar UK call it) helps relieve the lumps/trigger points. Keep in touch.