Tight front and back of neck, clavicle
For about a week now I've had some painful neck muscle problems that seem to be getting worse with time, and are aggravating some of my other health problems. It started with a feeling of tightness at the front of my neck, just under my chin, whenever I tipped my head back. Now the entire neck front and sides are rock-solid tight down to the clavicle (so is my trapezius.) The clavicle area burns, I'm having a hard time keeping my shoulders down, and I feel like my collarbone is being pulled upward into my neck, forcing my shoulders back. My face also feels like it is being pulled downward.

My question is: Is this likely to have been caused by poor posture/lack of exercise? Does anyone know of any stretches I can do to release the muscle tension? (I can find things for the trapezius/sternocleidomastoid, but how the heck do you stretch the digrastic muscle area?)

I'm surprised by how much this tension is increasing my other structural issues--it's even aggravating my hiatal hernia.

For full disclosure, some of my other issues have really screwed up my spine and muscle structure in my lower body, so I can't say whether I did this to myself or if it's just new muscles taking on too much extra work over time.
That would be "digastric," not digrastic. Wish I could edit!