Back & Neck Community
Tired of the pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Tired of the pain

I Really need help and am beyond frustrated with the doctors I have seen. I injured my back and neck on May 8th. The first doctor only investigated my back and found a fracture at T7, he put me in a back brace for 6 weeks and ignored my complaints of ongoing neck pain. I did physical therapy for four months every other day and no pain meds. At my last appt. with him he basically washed his hands of me and told me to find another doctor. The next doctor was much better and sent me for an MRI of my neck these were my findings...
Moderate cervical curvature convex right and straightening of the usual cervical lordosis.
C2-3 minimal left sided facet arthritis
C3-4 Mild lateral disc bulging and osseous ridging but no stenosis
C4-5 Moderate left lateral disc bulging and osseous ridging causing mild left neural foraminal stenosis
C5-6 Moderate disc space narrowing and disc desiccation particularly anteriorly. Moderate broad left posterolateral disc herniation/protrusion, extending into the left lateral recess and left foramen, impinging upon the left C6 nerve root. Moderate degenerative reactive endplate changes left posterolaterally at the uncevertebral joint/uncinate process
C6-7 Mild disc space narrowing and disc deslocation, Small left foraminal protrusion, smaller than the the one at the prior level,  but still encroaching upon and potentially irratating the exiting left C7 nerve root
C7-T1 mild facet arthritis

I just went for my first nerve block and it hasn't really seemed to help so now what? I cannot continue to live like this, I am in constant pain and am currently taking tramadol which does absolutely nothing! Please help me!!

I am so sorry for all your pain I wish I could help you with some advice.
I will urge you to post on the PAIN MANAGEMENT community...there are lots of posters there with similar problems and can give you some advice hopefully.

all the best!!
I would really find another doctor as you are being under treated for your pain.  It's not fair that you have to suffer like this, your neck is a mess.  Have you seen a surgeon yet?  I would start looking for one right away.  I waited 6 months with a herniated disc sitting on my spinal cord and now I have permanent spinal cord nerve damage.  I've been to several doctors with their opinions and I wish I would of had the surgery sooner.
RunningMom I totally agree!! Both doctors have been orthopedic surgeons, the one I'm seeing now is from a spinal clinic. I am scared there is going to be permanent damage, we are going on month 7 and I'm tired of no pain management, not being able to drive because if I do I'm toast for the next couple of days, headaches, arm numbness, sleeping fingers, not being able to turn my head left, crooked shoulders and excruciating pain in my left shoulder, and middle back pain. I am a single parent of three active teenagers and I feel like they are as tired of this as I am!!  They are used to me being a very strong active woman, I was a manager of a restaurant who was invincible and now I'm a sniveling mess!! Thank you for listening to me babble!!
sometimes it takes 3 visits to the dr for a nerve block. It took me that many. After that I was free of pain for at least 6 months. It is not a permanent cure but it sure does help. I am getting ready to go for another nerve block. Sometimes my pain is so bad i cant do anything. I take Soma at night to help me sleep, vicodin  when the pain gets really bad, some days i take 4 of them and other days none. I also take Lodine which is a anti inflammatory. I would go back for another nerve block if i were you. It usualy takes 3 to really help.    
From my experience either the nerve blocks work or they don’t. My wife had immediate relief and I ended up with more pain. RunningMom is right, please see another Dr asap. I have had two surgeries for herniated disk and both helped so much.
go see a neurosurgeon..you likely need acdf surgery..I know 5 guys ( in their 50s) all have good results..good luck
The only meds that help my back and leg problems is opana er 20mg it takes a few days to start but it helps alot . I was on just loritab but it dont help any more