Trapezius pain
I have this pain for the past three years. ONLY THE LEFT shoulder is affected. If I keep my shoulder in the same position for about 15 minutes, the pain begins and it stays for days, the muscle near my neck pains the worst. What can be done, it is quite a bother especially during college classes.
Hi, I have a similar problem, I have been diagnosed with myofascial pain.  I get injections every few months and it helps (most of the time)  I use heat alot, but I wish I could find a way to take care of it myself.  Sometimes you can't even think.  I go to a Rheumotoligist (spelled wrong.) he's great and very understanding. I do have other issues though. Good luck!!!!
It is impossible to describe to anyone who does not have this issue what day-today function feels like. I empathize.
You mentioned you see a rheumatologist, What kind of treatments does he provide you to relieve nerve pain to your neck, back or both? Have you exhausted neurologist, orthopedic surgeon or neurosergeon treatment or suggestion for surgery?
I ask because I get ESI (epideral steroid injections) every 2 weeks until I complete 6 treatments. They help but I am in pain again about 1 week after injection date.