Back & Neck Community
Trapezoid pain..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Trapezoid pain..

The pain I’ve been experiencing is in my right trapezoid area. It occurs more frequently now and when it does occur is almost unbearable. It happens after routine tasks, ex: computer work, driving fork truck, riding snowmobiles,…Once the pain starts it usually will does not go away. The pain would be best described as a burning sensation or a knife-stabbing in that muscle area. It starts out mild but escalates to severe if I don’t lie down and rest. Certain movements of my right arm or moving my neck down make the pain way worse! The pain also goes into my neck area some times. It’s strange because in the morning it’s like the pain was never there except maybe a little tender.

The pain has been appearing more often, like 3-5 times a week depending on the tasks I’m doing that day. About five years ago I fractured my right clavicle while trail riding. I’m not sure if they are related but I will say the pain slowly started developing about a year or two after the accident. I did see a doctor and tried pt but that didn’t work. But back then the pain also didn’t occur as much. I also seen a chiropractor and nothing too unusual showed up in the x-rays. My family doctor says it could be arthritis and just prescribes pills that really don’t fix the problem.

Also, I’m not sure if things like these could possibly be hereditary but my mom had bad shoulder pain and I remember her always asking me to rub her shoulder. She’s not alive now so I can’t ask her what her pain felt like but I do find myself asking friends to rub mine because it alleviates some of the pain.

One last thing, I recently got a deep tissue massage to see if that would help and the lady said I had some knots in that area and that they are caused from stress and tension. I will say I have a far from stressful lifestyle and the pain I'm experiencing has something more to do with than just “knots”.

Any ideas what this could be?  

note: I'm a 33 yr old female...that does work out moderatly.
"About five years ago I fractured my right clavicle while trail riding. I’m not sure if they are related" YES ,THAT'S REASON.
"lady said I had some knots in that area and that they are caused from stress and tension" NO,IT'S DUR TO NECK INJURIES
"It’s strange because in the morning it’s like the pain was never there except maybe a little tender" WHICH MEANS POSSIBLY YOU HAVE SOME PROBLEM IN NECK DISC OR NEVERS ROOT  AREA.
________________________________________________
Neck MRI needed