Back & Neck Community
Traveling Back Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Traveling Back Pain

Anyone dealt with traveling back pain? I have had this back pain for 3 months, getting an MRI next week. The pain travels from mid back on either side of spine to under the shoulder blades, any given time one spot at a time. It's worst when I am standing stationary, not much discomfort when I exercise on an elliptical machine.Likewise no pain when I lie down or sleep, but pain returns on and off when I sit. The worst part of the day is evening but a glass of wine soothes the back. I have tried physical therapy, acupuncture and massage, all providing temporary relief. At my wits end as its becoming impossible to go out on social events and long drives in car. Any advice? What could be causing it? The pain sensation ranges from prickly thorns to burning sensation. Please advice,
It sounds like arthritis to me.see your primary care doctor. He/she will know how to treat it. I know it can be very painful at times, as i suffer with it also. On long drives, I find it extremely helpful to stop and get out and walk/stretch a little. even a little 5 minute stretch and walk will make a huge difference with your pain levels. The more you move and stretch, whatever your doing, the better off you will be pain-wise. The worst thing you can do is literally nothing! Once you stop moving, everything stiffens up and you will soon know how debilitating arthritis can be. I always thought it was an "old persons" disease, but my doctor told me i , like many others was actually born with arthritis.Scary thought! I wish you all the best, and take care,
                              shinty