Hi, recently my father (who is of 48 years) had some problems wherein he was having numbness in his legs due to which it was shivering and he was not able to walk properly and was facing difficulty in doing day-to-day tasks. We consulted a doctor and he recommended for whole body MRI. MRI reports conclusion reads as follows:
1. Multilevel disc bulge causing spinal cord and neural foraminal narrowing.
2. Diffuse C6-7 disc bulge with large posterolateral extrusion and superior migration causing severe spinal canal bilateral neural foraminal narrowing. The cord shows intinsic illdefined T2 hyperintense signal at this level due to edema/ischemia
3. Diffuse C3-4 disc bulge with a broad based right posterolateral protrusion indenting the right hemicord and causes right neural foraminal narrowing and abuts the right C4 nerve root
4. Broad based left posterolateral protrusion of C4-5 disc abutting the spinal cord and causing left lateral recess and neural foraminal narrowing. It abuts the left exiting C5 nerve root
5. Aymmetric left sided C5-6 disc bulge causing left neural foraminal narrowing, compressing the left C6 nerve root.
Based on the above report the doctor told us that his neural nerve is getting pressedn and henc he is facing this problem. Doctor says that the only solution to this is to do surgery but doctor also told us that the surgery is very risky and might have some adverse effects as well hence I am pretty scared with the same.
I request the experts to suggest me some alternative options (other than surgery) which is available and will help to treat this problem.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.