Back & Neck Community
Tumor In Spinal Canal At T2

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Tumor In Spinal Canal At T2

I was told there is a tumor at my T2 (right side) in the spinal canal mild compression about 9mm.  However, I am having difficulty breating, pain in neck, back, and entire right side of my body all the way down to my right foot between my big toe.  The doctors think tumor is a neurofribroma or a meningioma.  Is there a way to be sure of exactly what this tumor is?  How can it be tested for cancer?  The pain sometimes is an ache and sometimes stabing in the area near the spine.  Sometimes pain behind the right eye, headaches, and pain in the right ear.  It appears that they are not taking my painful complaints serious.  What you do recommend I do?  What is your professional opionion?  Can this tumor be removed without serious complications?
Hi and welcome to the back and neck support forum.

Since this is a support forum ...there is no one here qualified to give u a professional opinion.U may wish to get ideas from the expert forum.

If u r not comfortable with the options ur drs have given so far, u may want to consider a second opinion.

Please keep us posted on ur progress
"selma"
I had tumer in the same position removed a few years ago. At the time they were not sure what it was but it showed up on xray as a mass on my chest, I had pinprick pupils, Dificulty breathing and a rash on my wrist for 2 years before my operation.

The tumer turned out to be a Nurofibroma, a nerve root tumer, There tumer was the size of a tennis ball, and the surgeon had to shave it back to leave the nerve intacked. It left me with some numbness in one arm, a droopy eyelid and horners sindrome (syndrome) were my pupils do not dilate.

I was screened for about 3 years then dischrged