Aa
A
A
Close
Twisted Vertebrae
I have a twisted vertebrae in my lower to mid back, (not sure the exact vertebrae). I went to the doctor about 2 weeks ago and she told me to start physical therapy. So I started therapy, and the pain has only worsened. I dont know if this is normal or if I should go back to the doctor and tell her what's going on. Ive been in pain for about 4-6 months now, and obviously its pretty annoying- especially since pain worsens with physical activity and inactivity for long periods of time (30+ minutes). I do graphic design work at a computer 2-10 hours a day, and go to culinary school twice a week for 5 hour classes, and then go to cheerleading. So the pain is terrible constantly. Nothing relieves it- no heat, cold, advil, tylenol, nothing. I was wondering if anyone else had this, and what they did. Is surgery an option for me?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

It may be a few weeks before one notices improvement with physiotherapy. Many people do complain of increased discomfort at the beginning of physiotherapy which gradually settles down and improvement is noted. I would suggest continuing with the physiotherapy for a few more weeks (unless extremely painful or unable to continue), before consulting your doctor for a re-evaluation. The possibility of a surgery is best discussed with your treating orthopedician after a clinical evaluation based on the severity of the condition.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
Top Pain Answerers
547368 tn?1440545385
Blank