Twisted Vertebrae
I have a twisted vertebrae in my lower to mid back, (not sure the exact vertebrae). I went to the doctor about 2 weeks ago and she told me to start physical therapy. So I started therapy, and the pain has only worsened. I dont know if this is normal or if I should go back to the doctor and tell her what's going on. Ive been in pain for about 4-6 months now, and obviously its pretty annoying- especially since pain worsens with physical activity and inactivity for long periods of time (30+ minutes). I do graphic design work at a computer 2-10 hours a day, and go to culinary school twice a week for 5 hour classes, and then go to cheerleading. So the pain is terrible constantly. Nothing relieves it- no heat, cold, advil, tylenol, nothing. I was wondering if anyone else had this, and what they did. Is surgery an option for me?
Hi there!

It may be a few weeks before one notices improvement with physiotherapy. Many people do complain of increased discomfort at the beginning of physiotherapy which gradually settles down and improvement is noted. I would suggest continuing with the physiotherapy for a few more weeks (unless extremely painful or unable to continue), before consulting your doctor for a re-evaluation. The possibility of a surgery is best discussed with your treating orthopedician after a clinical evaluation based on the severity of the condition.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!