Back & Neck Community
UPPER BACK PAIN AND NUMBNESS AND TINGLING IN MY LEFT ARM.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

hello there,.. i am 21 and i am 109 Kg / 5ft9in(obese)... and i have been having back problem since 1 year now and i am very worried. i sometimes get suicidal thoughts... last year i had lower back pain which got cured by taking anti-inflammatory and relaxers, i was very happy that everything was alright.... And now all of a sudden the pain is back and now its in the upper back mostly in the shoulder blades. the first two week I had sharp stabbing pain and pulsating in the right shoulder blade, i was not able to sneeze or to take a deep breath, the pain irritates during sleep and doctor advised pain killer and muscle relaxer(sirdalud) and an ANTI-DEPRESSANT( i dunno why) it gave temporary relief .... after about a month the pain in the right shoulder blade is gone and now its in the left shoulder blade, the pain is very high, its almost like pinching and stabbing at the same time, i am not able to take deep breaths, the same doctor now advised me to take 1)sirdalud 2)Arcoxia 90mg 3)fastum gel, this is giving some relief, they doctor diagnoze the problem and told that it could be MYOSITIS ..... and all of a sudden FROM!! 2 days i am HAVING similar stabbing/pinching/sharp pain in my left shoulder blade and also my left arm below the elbow has become numb/cannot feel(IT REMAINS NUMB), it some times hurts near the elbow too, I ALSO get these ELECTRIC CURRENTS that pass through my shoulder till the fingers when i am laying down and the pain gets worse... I AM UNABLE TO SLEEP, Its 5.46am and i havent slept yet,,,i feel like my life is ruined, I cant concentrate on my studies, i have also stopped gyming.... i dunno what to do,,, i will going today to the physiotherapist  for my first meeting with him, where he will do ultrasonic massage, and i am sure that too will not help me.... the problem has not been diagnosed properly i believe... can somebody give me some advice on what can i do before i start going mad....
no response