Back & Neck Community
Upper Back Pain When Sneezing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Upper Back Pain When Sneezing

Lately, whenever I sneeze, I get severe upper back pain in the center of my back.  It feels equivelent to having a sharp object impaled into my back and hitting my chest and almost my lungs.  The pains exists for about 4-6 seconds, then fades away slowly, but this is a recurring event.  Is there any way to fix this, or is this a sign of a bigger health issue?
Avatar n tn
I don't have a answer but Ive been having the exact same problem. A few minutes ago I was helping my dad with some work outside and I sneezed while I was bent over (the back pain when I sneeze has been occurring  for what feels like months not ecatly sure when it started,and its not evrrytime I sneeze either until yesterday) so when I tried to stand back up I barely could, it felt like I was being pushed down and stabbed right between my shoulder blades. Then ten minutes  later I tried lifting a board and it did it again. If anyone could tell me what's  on it would be greatly appreciated.