Upper Back Pain
After standing at a 3 hour event, I began to feel a discomfort in my left upper back region. Never before have I really had back problems unless I was actually doing something strenuous that would have caused this. The pain is towards the medial side of my back area. Constantly it kind of feels as though there is something pressing against my back, and when i take deep breaths it feels as though there is a stabbing pain in my back. A few years ago i experienced a similar pain in my chest. I had the same stabbing sensation in my right chest area when I took deep breaths. Does any one else have this. I am 17. I think that it may be cause from stress, but its been affecting my sports.
Your situation sounds very familiar to me. In the last 7-8 years I've been working on psychosomatic pain. I've gained so much info that I can teach. 17 years old... sometimes chest, sometimes back. This is, with no doubt, what you may call stress. Dr Sarno calls it "pressures of life". Some of these are not easily detectible on the first pass, even by professional. Read the book "The divided mind" and you will understand where pain comes from. It took me 5 or 6 passes over that book before the information started to sink in. You're not sick, you're not crazy. You're normal. My back was hurting me to the point that I didn't know what to do. But when MRI showed nothing, I started to search for solutions and came across Dr Sarno's works. Self-therapy took some time but with info and help from self-help books of Albert Ellis I am pain-free and very happy man today. Good luck.